Monday, February 7, 2011

Pantone Colors of the Year

By now you already know that Pantone's color of the year for 2011 is honeysuckle.  It's been all over the blogosphere.  No need really to mention it, except that I'd like to keep a record of it.  I've been extolling the virtues of pink since I started blogging.  Sometimes I think I should have devoted a blog entirely to pink.  It's been my favorite my whole life.  Pink has had a difficult time being taken seriously.  Some think it's too girly.  But it's not true.  Pink can be used in a thoroughly modern way as I've demonstrated many times on this blog.  It goes with every color and it looks good on everyone.  I'm really happy to see pink getting its due.

I didn't realize that last year's Pantone color of the year was turquoise.  Another of my favorites.  Indeed these two colors would look great together.
Excuse me, I need to go grab a paint brush....

1 comment:

Design Cracker said...

Oh yes you are right about pink. I defy anyone to say it isn't a color to envelope your life in. I love what you're doing here and had a great visit. Keep up the great work!
Deborah

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin