Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Poet and the Painter

This painting is dedicated to Bob Dylan, another artist who does what he does because he has to. Bob's poetry is sheer magic, and a gift from spirit. As I lovingly danced with this canvas, I listened to Chimes of Freedom Flashing - over and over. I read somewhere that President-Elect Obama is a Bob Dylan fan. These words make me feel hopeful that a change is coming. Wish I'd written them.







Through the mad mystic hammering of the wild ripping hail
The sky cracked its poems in naked wonder
That the clinging of the church bells blew far into the breeze
Leaving only bells of lightning and its thunder
Striking for the gentle, striking for the kind
Striking for the guardians and protectors of the mind
An' the unpawned painter behind beyond his rightful time
An' we gazed upon the chimes of freedom flashing.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin