Saturday, November 8, 2008

Opportunities


The morning of November 5 was a jubilant one. Walking to work, people were smiling and had their heads up. Many were cheering. And everyone was saying good morning!


Indeed it was a great day. An optimistic day. At the stoplights people remarked that a new day had arrived. I have seen so much in my lifetime - a man walk on the moon, the invention of CD players, DVD players, the internet and cell phones, and now a black man elected president. But the election is not about that. It's about the hope and vision Obama brings. It's about the end of old boy politics. And I hope to see in my lifetime - the end of war.
I want to be a part of the recreating of America. For the first time in my adult life, I am excited about politics. Thank you for that great gift, President-Elect Obama.
I have already written about our responsibility to help our new president.
Here is one thing we can all do that is very simple. Change our language.
Let's replace the word challenge with opportunity. Instead of saying Obama has great challenges ahead, let's say we have great opportunities ahead.
We have a great opportunity to recreate America. And it can be fun. It doesn't have to be work.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin