Saturday, May 3, 2008

Stolen Time, Vol. II

I've been pretending to be a tourist in my neighborhood. During one of my "vacations" I discovered a gallery called The Pop Shop. What a treat!  The work of an artist collective called Apollonova was hanging on the walls. Fascinating! How wonderful it must be to be part of an artist collective. I photographed a few of the pieces. I was stunned by their diversity and their edginess. Hope you enjoy!







Wonder what this is? A flying uterus? I could write a pithy review of this, but won't. Suffice it to say - I dig it.


This reminds me of one of my own paintings. I love when that happens, makes me feel a kinship with the artist. See my painting here.



This one is my personal favorite! I adore it. Maybe it's because the girl's hair is orange and I just can't seem to get enough of orange lately. I am stunned by the dichotomies in this painting. The girl seems to possess an innocence tempered by wisdom that comes too quickly. She seems purposeful and yet lost. Of course these are only my perceptions, I would never presume to know an artist's intent. I'd love to have tea with this artist to discuss this painting.

The guy who was minding the shop was a sweetie and an artist in his own right. His name is Jeff Hulligan. This is one of his illustrations. I had a great time talking to him. Artists are my people. I am never so happy as when I am talking with artists. There is a chemistry and clicking of personalities that mere words could never describe. It's a feeling. Just like art.  I thought of Kim when I saw this. And even mentioned her chick wall to him. She'd make a great addition don't you think?

I would love to have my paintings displayed at the Pop Shop and will be sending a submission to the owner, now to decide which ones. I'll keep you posted. And here's my shameless plug. All of my paintings are on sale and I am now taking paypal. To see more of my paintings, click here. Please drop me an email if you'd like to buy a painting for your home. All of my work includes high energy vibrations, guaranteed to raise the energy of any environment.

1 comment:

casapinka said...

Cool art for sure. Oh, and I love that painting you did!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin