Monday, March 16, 2009

My apartment - for today

Below I discussed the influences for my apartment. I want simplicity. Open space. White, with touches of pink.

My office/dining area with new pink curtains. The new curtains are too, too wonderful. One day I'll deal with that cord mess, but for now I really don't give a shit. I'm just ecstatic that I have a nice computer.
Don't look too closely. The rug really needs cleaned. I may be carrying this love of imperfection a little too far.

I rearranged my pottery and added some surprising gray pieces. The use of gray is as surprising to me as is the use of brown. I also added a pop of yellow. Yellow goes a long way, so only a small amount is needed.



My sleeping area. Low to the ground and carefree. My idea of Bohemian. And man is that piece of art glass sexy.
When arranging this weekend, I did something a little unusual. I left the walls empty - and I like it. I love the sparseness. I am contemplating some new, simple paintings. These thoughts will carry me through my stressful work week.
I've said it before. I wish I could paint these floors white. But even more than that, I wish I could afford a new, modern very simple home. Oh well.  My home is humble, but I love it.  Stay tuned. Tomorrow we will talk about some fabulous lamps.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin