Friday, December 23, 2011

Pops of Yellow Around my Place

As you know, I've been obsessing about turquoise lately.   However, when I was cleaning rearranging today, my thoughts were turning toward warming up the place for winter.  I decided to add a few pops of yellow.  Sunshiny yellow makes me happy and does make the place look warmer, especially when combined with large amounts of pink.  Here's a sneak peak.  I never decorate for Christmas, I'm not sure why.  I like Christmas, but I don't want to live with the clutter of Christmas ornaments.  I'd probably change my mind if I weren't single or had kids.

I'd like to have more yellow pillows.

The tall window vase is a gift from a new, dear friend.  I love it!  So, of course, I rearranged my pottery.

I tried to make the arrangement look carefree and unintentional, so did it quickly.

I've been wanting to make my hallway into an art gallery, so hung this grouping of my paintings on one of the walls.  I'm not sure if I like it yet.  I don't usually like groupings.  Oh well, it's fun to experiment.  I'm planning a full tour of my place after the holidays.  In the meantime, stay tuned for a very exciting house tour!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Looks great! I love seeing your little bookcase painted pink!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin