Thursday, July 12, 2012

Upcycled Vases

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you already know that I am obsessed with vases and vessels.  I've always loved the look of upcycled furniture, nothing gives new life to a tired old piece like a coat of paint.  The same is true for vases!  I am seeing tons of exciting vases given new life.

If you love thrifting, you already know that milk glass vases are everywhere.  I find them a little boring, maybe because they are so common.  But give them a coat of paint in an exciting color and they are fresh again!  There are a lot of great selections of upcycled vases at Etsy, these ones are from Eiffel Studio.  Love that orange vase!

These hobnail vases actually look modern in this lovely aqua shade.  From Rustic Prairie Cottage.
Love these teal pieces!  A simple wood bowl and a candlestick become sculpture.  And how fabulous is that teal pineapple?  Available at RetroPops.

More funky painted milk glass.  From Nashpop.

Here's a simple but impactful idea.  If you are a fan of mosaic, but want something a little easier, how about a paper mosaic?  Love it.  From Badcandy.

Here's a great idea for all those little, orphan plates you see at the thrift shop.  Tape them off.  Spray paint.  And instant freshness!

I need these vases.  Above two images from My Attic.  Have you seen this blog?  It's awesome.  The author is extremely talented and creative.  And she is amazing at upcycling!  I adore her use of neon, and she is working on a project that I dearly love called "Neon vs. Pastel"  (see previous post here).  As you know, spray painting vases is difficult and she does it with ease!


Need something quick and easy for your summer table?  Here's a simple idea.  Just add tape!  Duct tape comes in all kinds of fun colors.  The tape can be changed on a whim, so your vase always matches the mood of your table.  Sorry, I don't remember where I got this image.  My bad.  Please contact me if you know the source.

Love the simplicity of these form juxtaposed with the pop of bright color.  Image via The Cool Hunter.  Excuse me, I have some vases to paint.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin