Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A New Obsession - PVC Pipe

Like many design bloggers, I am addicted to HGTV.  My new obsession for PVC pipe came from HGTV.  I upcycled materials, and materials used for an unexpected purpose.  The first time I noticed PVC pipe was while watching Antonio Ballatore's show (I love Antonio.  See previous posts about Antonio here).  I really dig this coffee table he made.  PVC pipe cut at various heights and a piece of glass on top.  Simple but very impactful.


I am itching to experiment with PVC pipe.  I think I'm going to take a power tool class.

Bex Hale from Design Star, Season 7 used PVC pipe in her white box challenge.  I think it would be awesome to make a room separator using PVC pipe.

For an 80s inspired Hollywood lounge, Hilari Younger used PVC pipe to create the illusion of separation while keeping the space open.  Groovy.

Do you read the fabulous blog Vintage Revivals?  If not, you must!  Mandi, the author, does the most amazing renovations of vintage pieces.  She gives great instructions on how you can do the same.  I love this dresser she embellished with pieces cut from PVC pipe.  I will be adding Vintage Revivals to my link list.
Ya'll know I love me some vases.  These spray painted PVC pipes used as vases are too fun!  I think I will steal this idea.  Sorry, I don't remember where I got this image.  Please contact me if you know the source.

I found a shop close to my home that sells PVC pipes and connectors.  I think it would be totally cool to use these as vases in a garden.
They even had pipes in a beautiful turquoise color!   Slap a piece of glass on there and you have a cute end table!  Perhaps I have found the table for my balcony.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin