Monday, January 12, 2009

Evolution of a Painting

I recently dedicated a painting to Bob Dylan. See previous post here.

As sometimes happens, I find a canvas will sit and then beckon for more paint.

It amuses me that a painting has more than one incarnation. And that there are several paintings under the layers.

The difficult part is I sometimes don't know when to stop. I've actually ruined paintings by not stopping when I should.

I really didn't like this particular incarnation, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep going.


For better or for worse, this is the final painting. Bob, I hope you like it. It started out as a dance to Chimes of Freedom Flashing. I see eyes and vaginas in this painting, that is unintentional. For some reason - I don't know why - I have been attempting to create dancing bird-like-flower-like-alien beings. Oh well, that's too many words on the subject. Art is really about a feeling.

And this image is because I just can't help myself when it comes to playing with heavy saturation in Picasa. I would like to experiment with motion on this particular painting. Stay tuned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin