Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Celebrating Photography - Polaroid Display

No discussion of photography would be complete without a mention of the influence of Polaroid. Polaroid is such a popular medium, that when they attempted to obsolete it, the public spoke. Polaroid is now alive and well, and new Polaroid cameras are available.


One of my favorite Polaroid artists is Sean Tubridy. I've mentioned him before on this blog, see previous post here. Sean was active in the movement to save Polaroid and founded a website called Save Polaroid.

I love his Toys on Roids series. His book by the same name, is available here. I'm thinking of ordering a copy.

I love the way Polaroid fades. I've seen many artistic uses of Polaroid including exposing it to sunlight. But it is the display of a Polaroid collection that most intrigues me and I'd like to share some photos from my inspiration file. I think there may be some ideas here for my postcard collection.

Here is a photo from Sean's studio where he has arranged his photos like a rainbow.

The Ten Cent Designer.

sfgirlbybay.Image source unknown.

Frederic's Chic & Petit in Toronto via Apartment Therapy.

Image source unknown.

Domino.
Image source unknown.

Studioilse.

Warren Heath.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Great Post! Thanks for leaving me the comment today! I hope you are also doing well. I know you have been working and stuff. :)
Love,
Jessie

casapinka said...

Love the creative polaroid ideas. It's funny how I used to be annoyed by the fading but the way you put it, it's actually quite cool. Love the hearts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin