Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Color Scheme - Silver and Turquoise

This holiday season I have been pleasantly surprised by a very beautiful color scheme. Silver and turquoise. And, of course, whatever colors you use must be balanced with lots of white. Here's some inspiration. Hope you enjoy!

I am madly, deeply in love with this bedding from West Elm. Since I live in a studio apartment and the bed is prominently in view, beautiful bedding is a must.It's not in my budget, but oh how I want it! I would probably add silk pillows in turquoise. And dig that funky lamp! Images: pillow from Sassy Pillows; lamp unknown source via decor8; bedding from West Elm.
I adore this silver ottoman. It would make a great nightstand. Also love the tree all done up in peace signs. Chiasso.

A glam chandelier would fit in nicely. Image flickr user Bus Stop.

Dig this pillow and vintage inspired glass piece. Urban Outfitters.


Some of the Christmas ornaments were so beautiful this year, I could see them used all year long in decor. Love this atomic inspired ornament from CB2. I could see a bunch of these in a glass bowl, or perhaps it would be cool to create a mobile using these ornaments. What do you think of the Christmas ornaments this year? Aren't they beautiful? Did you use a non-traditional color scheme this year? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin