Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thrifting in Toledo

My sister-in-law and I took a trip to Toledo recently. We spotted a wonderful second hand store. Here are a few of the interesting things I saw.

Is this a groovy chair or what? Man it would be easy to be a chair whore.


Saw this unusual vase. Have no idea of its origins. It's about eight inches in diameter and very lightweight. Spanish maybe? The owner had no clue either. Reminds me a little of Valdis Harrysdottir's fortune telling vase.

I adore this teapot. Wish I had bought it. And this studio piece is really cute. I am resisting the urge to buy studio pieces, I don't need any more collections!

Look at this gorgeous painting! I adore it. Wish I had painted it. Would go great in a modern loft.


Totally fab drawings. If anyone knows this artist, please contact me.



Here is what I bought. The little white vase in the middle. It has a wonderful matte finish - I think it might have been spray painted. I'm not sure I like the shape, though. Too phallic maybe?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What thrift store did you go to in Toledo?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin