Sunday, October 28, 2018

Color Therapy, Part II

Dear readers, it is a beautiful rainy day in Ohio. I have politics on my mind, and it's difficult to stay centered. With all of the violence going on in America, it seems frivolous to write about color. But here I am, writing about color.  Perhaps we could look at these beautiful images and be reminded that humans are capable of great things. There's plenty to go around. When you vote on November 6th, don't be lured in by fear. Choose love over fear.

I use color as a meditation, and my apartment is my lab where I experiment with color. In my post below I was thinking about lighter, dustier colors for Fall. In this post I am contemplating dark colors, like purple and gray. Purple looks great with burgundy or terracotta. Gray looks great with hot pink. It's not in my budget right now, but I'd like to do a dark accent wall in my apartment. I've been wanting to turn my apartment into more of a cavelike environment. Here's some inspiration, I hope you enjoy!



So gorgeous. Good example of how any color can become a neutral.





I think this last one might be my favorite. I adore the hot pink sofa against the dark wall. And how fabulous are those pops of yellow and blue?  I'm a sucker for jewel tones. This reminds me of one of my favorite rooms by Prada (see previous post here.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin