Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pottery Jones, Vol. I

Sorry for the lack of posts, dear readers.  I'm going to try to make up for that.  Stay tuned, I have lots of exciting stuff lined up.  For now, I am thinking of one of my greatest obsessions.  Pottery.  So I decided to make this week all about pottery.  Let's explore pottery together, shall we? 

I'd like to start by thinking about black pottery.  Black is a color I've never really used in my decor, but have fallen in love with recently.  I've always collected white pottery.  But I've noticed that a few pops of black in a room really amps up the sophistication, mystery and romance.  I love the simple shapes of this beautiful collection of vessels.  Available in Etsy shop Ceramicpix.
 
I am in love with the satin finish of these divine vessels by Kim Westad.  I've featured Kim on this blog before.  (See previous post here.)

Love this collection of vessels in stark shapes and colors.  The large black vase holds a place of prominence elevating the collection to a place of strength.  Divine.  Available at Etsy shop ARTELYA.

I'm a sucker for vases in organic shapes and smooth finishes, and anything resembling Ikebana (see previous post here).  This gorgeous vessel available at Etsy Shop LandM Studio.


I've been obsessing about the Bigarra vase from Ikea for a long time.  I've said it a million times - I wish Ikea had an online business!  I may have to drive to Pittsburgh.  If I bought this vase, it might start a whole new scheme in my apartment.  I've been craving more organic touches.

1 comment:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I know! I wish there was an Ikea around here!

I love black, as you probably know. Maybe that's ironic since my favorite color is yellow and I love all colors and brightness and sunshine and light. But I also like black. I just ordered black counter tops. And I think you saw that I painted my new woodwork in the kitchen... black.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin