Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wish I'd Painted That

There's a little place called Liquid Planet. The service is good. The food is good, reasonably priced and reasonably healthy. But - all that is secondary to the sublime painting that hangs in this modest restaurant.


Each time I go to Liquid Planet, I am entranced. I forget about my tuna melt as I stare at this painting, contemplating the brush strokes. Each stroke is a meditation for me.

The artist seems to be A. Scott Miller. I am in love with this work. Those colors, the way the branch leaps off the page. The seeds that appear to be pearls. I never tire of staring at it. In fact, I've ordered many a tuna melt just to have an excuse to stare at this painting. The photo just doesn't do it justice. I wish this work were in my living room. And more than that, I wish I'd painted it.

2 comments:

TrickyToro said...

Scott Miller indeed painted that for the owner(s). Its one of the best examples of that series for certain. The drape/curtain background is quite amazing. Unfortunately Scott passed away May 2008 at his home in Cleveland.

Peggy said...

Hi TrikyToro - thank you for the information! I love that painting so much! I am sorry to hear that he has passed.

Thanks for visiting! I'll be sure to check out your blog.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin