Thursday, May 19, 2011

Good things are happening in Cleveland - or if you can't beat 'em, join 'em


The annual Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon was this past weekend.  (If you're into graphic design, you gotta check out their website.  I'm serious.  The graphics are killer.)  Now, I've been really skeptical about marathons.  I mean, you must be a little crazy to run one, right?  How is the human body capable of running 26 miles?  Insane right?  Just watching the video of the route made me tired (see time lapse video here).  My sister-in-law and her sister were running like their 100th marathon this week, so I thought I might as well get my butt out of bed to cheer them on.  I mean the marathon runs right by my home.  It was your typical gorgeous Cleveland day.  Rainy.  Gray.  And very, very cold.  So I grabbed my umbrella and stood outside to watch the runners....... and had fun!  It was totally fun!  I got caught up in the spirit.  Here were a lot of people doing something really hard.  And even better, here were a lot of people cheering them on.  Suddenly I felt very proud of my city.  I can't imagine the work that goes into planning such an event.  I watched the crowd eagerly awaiting my two ladies running, and I must admit that when I saw them I jumped up and down with excitement!  I don't know who this guy is, but I thought his costume was cool.

Image by Peggy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin