Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 3 of Painting Project - Letting Go of Perfection

Yesterday for my painting project I wanted to paint squares.  With rounded edges (like the Smeg fridge).  I wanted to do something that looked kind of mid-century, but updated.  Only thing is I felt a little tired so didn't feel like the precision that I prefer in a painting.  I even thought about skipping painting.  Instead, I decided to just go with imperfection and have fun.  Painting should be fun, right?  So here's my painting for Day 3 of my 30 day project.

Untitled, 2011, 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas.  Just an exercise in freeing creativity.  Still finding it difficult to paint on the floor.  Once I buy an easel, I am sure my painting will improve.  Here's the same painting digitally enhanced.  I am enjoying manipulating my paintings digitally.


2 comments:

Frank Zweegers said...

Looks really, beautiful.

Peggy said...

Thank you for the compliment, Frank! Thank you also for visiting, I hope you will visit often.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin