Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Something New

I shopped in Cleveland yesterday!  Woo hoo.  Sadly, there's not many places to spend money in Cleveland, unless you are a fan of tits, sports or gambling.  But, there are some great vintage stores, one of which is Sweet Lorain.  I used to go there a lot when I lived in Cleveland.  When I drove into the city, it looked dingy as ever, but so beautiful to me.  It looked like home.  It felt like home.  I even looked at an apartment while I was there - near the Lake!  I was so excited.  It was a dump.  A dump. No hyperbole. Okay, I live in the hood.  It's friggin' noisy and the young men have no idea how to wear pants or talk to me with respect.  But. I do have a nice apartment.  I love my apartment, but I have dreams of a quiet, little cottage.  With trees and in suite laundry.  Sorry, I digress.  Here's what I bought at Sweet Lorain.


I had been eye balling this beautiful opalescent bowl for probably three years.  I totally expected that it wouldn't be there.  But when I got there, there it was, hidden behind a ton of fabulous art glass (they have the best collection of art glass ever - no lie!).  Dusty and patiently waiting for me to take it home.  And here it is in my home.  So gorgeous.  So simple. I can contemplate its shape forever. Indeed, this must be what eternity looks like. It's damn near impossible to photograph, though. I just couldn't do it justice.  So you'll have to take my word for it, the sun light shining on it is a slice of heaven. Man, humans sure make some beautiful things.

P.S.  Isn't that carpet ugly?  I miss wood floors.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin